digital any transformation
Critical Success Factors
Successful small to medium-sized business owners often have 5 major challenges to business success which hamper their successful transformation. These challenges often occur simultaneously:
- The owners are often the bottleneck in their business. Some owners enjoy this, it gives them a feeling of control, but most find themselves dealing with the mundane and often the least productive tasks, preventing them from doing the things that add value or that they love;
- There is never enough time to train someone properly because it is often easier and quicker to just do it themselves rather than go through the process of explaining yet again;
- Customers demand personal service from the business owner. This is often because the delivery of the service or product is inextricably attached to the owner’s personal service;
- In order to grow the business, the owner must employ more people but in order to employ more people the business must first grow;
- Many business owners are in fact experts at their service or product and not experts at managing a business. The moment they take their eye off the product, things go wrong but paradoxically the minute they take their eye off the business, things also go wrong. It feels like a never-ending juggling and prioritisation nightmare;
- Throw into the mix the pressure and demands of having to cope with the digital revolution that appears to be propelling many competitors, and the business owners and managers find themselves under undue pressure to change for the sake of change.
‘Going digital’ or ‘Digital Transformation’ is the last thing you should be doing whilst you are in this state of high pressure. Digital channels will speed up and amplify your existing pressures and as is the case almost 70% of the time, any investment in digital transformation will be wasted as the projects fail to deliver the desired results.
Digital transformation starts with the transformation of the business first. During this transformation or reset, the business will identify and understand the areas where digital transformation will deliver the most advantage and gain. You should not go digital until you know where that path will lead you.
Truth is that if you as the business owner want to transform the business you need to take steps to disengage with the daily grind to work on your business or find someone who can do it for you. Only then will true transformation of any kind be possible.
Systemise your Business
The initial answer to preparing for
digital any transformation is simple, ‘write’ down everything you do in a manner that someone else can learn how to do it. The problem is how, in what order and when?
This is where we can help you improve your business success. We know the answer lies in processes, procedures and documentation of the same. This process is also a process of improvement, rationalisation and preparation for transformation – before, but often simultaneously, understanding the need for digital transformation. You need to make the business knowledge, embedded in your mind and your staff’s minds, known to everyone by formalising it in procedures. There are a few ways in which you can do this, especially if you are very, very busy trying to keep your business together.
Our service offerings for preparing your business for transformation range from an initial Core Business Kickstart Service to a fully-fledged Organisational Transformation Service.
Take action now
To find out how we can help you prepare your business for digital transformation, please fill in the form on the right of this page and we will get back to you promptly.